Sunday, March 20, 2011

Colors


Watching down that memory lane
When laughter kept me company
When songs were the hope of spring
The winter that was just dead and gone

If I’d be eyes you’d be my blindfold
If  I’d be words you’d be my sound
If  I’d be anything but me
you’d still exist beyond time

you were the color that filled my canvas
the red consumed with anger and agony
the blue with subtle passion
and the white with blissful freedom and purity

I wish I could see beyond those colors
The person who stood behind the veils
I wish I could see your pain that love wrought
For the words you spoke just never made sense

Today when I stand where you stood few years back
I see that all you saw was hollow and failure
And that all you saw was cold and hatred
I guess I was way behind or maybe just afar

You tried to reach but I saw nothing of you
How could I be so selfish and so heartless?
How could I not see what you were going through?
I blame that mist and those colors that we built

Yes, when today that light guides me
I see clarity that showed you hate and coldness
But why does it choose to show me pain
When all I can do is be blank filled with emptiness

Maybe because the colors show me truth today
The red an igniting flame of love that started that fire
The subtle blue that held onto my love like deep water
And the white that love splashed erasing the hate

I see green with its tender arms open to greet
I see golden filled within the morning lark
I wish you could see too the colors of love
But you chose black and all you saw was just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment